Saturday, July 28, 2012

Brooklyn Lager

Style:American Amber
Alc %:5.2
Brewery:Brooklyn Brewery
Country:US
Tap/Bottle?:bottle 330ml
Where/When:Home July 2012
Cost:approx $20 for a 6 pack
Rating:7/10

Pours a nice orange gold colour with a nice head that dissapears and laces the glass.
Sweet fruity nose.
Clean and fresh up front, with biscuit notes and lemon and finishes with a full and unique malt backbone. It's sweet, bitter and a little spicy- mild bitterness.
Sometimes I've had this and found the malt hit quite full on for a brew that is very common place in New York and I imagine it's slowly making it's way into mainstream America.
I don't love this beer but I do like it and am pleased that it's become a lot more available in Sydney in the last 6 months.
Again it has to be said how bold it was back in the 1980's for this brewery to put out such a full flavoured flagship beer.
I've decided to give it 7/10.

No comments:

Post a Comment